Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Thankful November

Thankful November or random November or just normal Mere life.
I was bored one evening and messing with the SnapChat filters and found that my subdivision has their own filters!



I got Tuf a griddle for her birthday and we finally used it to make the famous lemon poppy seed pancakes - look how beautiful they are!
I am a planner and got my Christmas cards printed the beginning of November. And they will be mailed out by the time this post will post!

Ah voting, it sure has been an interesting session. I voted. I am not talking about politics or who I voted for but what I do believe is that everyone that can vote should vote - this is our civic duty and for many of use we were not always able to vote. I took this picture stuck in DC traffic - apparently I am getting comfortable driving in traffic ;) I had to wait roughly an hour to vote and apparently that was not a smart decision for me because if I would have voted after work, I could have just walked in. As I made my way into DC there were lines that were blocks long! A voting place was right outside my window at work and the line did not shorten until the lunch time hour. While it stinks to have to wait in line - I was encouraged to see so many people out voting.
My view as I drove into DC. The white house is between the Washington Monument and the lamp post.

Speaking of the White House - I work about 5 blocks from the White House  - so  the week of the election I wandered down there everyday - just to see what was going on. Nothing during the day - all the protests are in the evenings. All I ever saw was a lot of camera crews.



Melissa and I are classy people! Ha! We had gone to dinner on Friday night before Karen came into town and the restaurant took for ever! Melissa had to go up and get our menus. I went up and got us water and then I got up again to ask for a manager. When our food arrived we promptly had to ask for to go containers and our check. While we waited for metro - we ate our dinner. Yes, we took their napkins and silverware - cloth napkins in a metro station - that is fancy! :)

Pup Pup loves being in the basement with me - she is a loner - just like me. I couldn't find her one night and when I did she had buried herself in my way to many pillows bed!
And cause I just couldn't resist the filter on Facebook... :) 

No comments: