Monday, November 7, 2016

Day 8 in Idaho

My last full day in Idaho and I was going to go out in a bang! Li (my super healthy and super skinny friend) convinced me to get the large drink at DB. The large is not a normal large - it is like 32 ounces of pure amaziness and a tad overwhelming!
Lisa has turned into a squirrel whisper as she nursed a baby squirrel who had fallen out of the nest. It was pretty impressive to see what Li had to do to keep Rocky fed. I got to hold Rocky a couple times and I so fell in love with this little squirrel. Sadly a few weeks later Rocky died. But I do know that without the amazing care Li provided Rocky had a great few months of life!




Our first adventure on Friday was to walk a little part of around the rim trail up at Bogus. I am surprisingly not that much of an outdoors person so I had only been to Bogus a couple times in my Idaho life. I so appreciate the mountains and open space!





After Bogus we stopped at Hawkins Pac-Out, another place I had never been, but it was really good and their curly fries and shakes are amazing! After our quick lunch we went to a new attraction in downtown Boise called Freak Alley, where some really truly amazing art work has been spray painted on the side of building in  a random alley.







This is Missy (the Haveman dog's) former owner's art.
They even decorated trash bins!












Since we were in downtown we decided to walk to the Capital building. The kids had never been inside, so I took them inside to walk around on the the three levels while Lisa chilled outside with the dog.



It was a busy Friday! But we are not done yet. I had seen an awesome Boise sign by the movie theater early in the week. I had not had a chance to get back over there, but Lisa was kind enough to take me over to Edwards so we could get a couple photos!
Phew - what a busy day. For the evening we just went back to Lisa and rested. I got to hold Rocky and drink wine. It was a perfect way to end my amazing week in Idaho.



...and one last beautiful sunset in the best state in the US! I love you Idaho!

No comments: