Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Day 3 & 4 in Idaho

On Monday, I started the day by seeing my dear friend Karla and going to breakfast at Egg Factory (second time). I love this girl! One of my fondest memories of Karla and I was about 10 years ago, I wasn't able to go home for Christmas because of roads being snow covered, so Karla and Katie had me stay at their house and the next morning when I woke up - Santa found me and I had a stocking. That is the kind of person Karla is - kind and caring and simply amazing. 
After Karla's I went to Nampa to have lunch (no picture) with Tracey, Karin, Alissa and Danielle at Idaho Pizza (second time). Since I was still full from breakfast I just at a salad (love Idaho Pizza salads), and drank a lot of ice tea. I drank a lot of ice tea because I had to take a drug test (because that is what normal people do on vacation). Why you may ask? Because as I have speculated on the last post - I was thinking over a major life decision. And that decision was whether I stay at my current job or I move onto another company. As part of the offer process I had to take a drug test. 
After peeing in a cup (and all over my hand - TMI? eh, it's me). I went and wandered around Fred Meyer (miss that awesome store) and then I met up with Lori Jo at DB for a quick chat. It was nice to see Lori Jo - it has been a few years since we last saw one another.
And then for dinner I met with Tonia at Idaho Pizza. We spent about 5 hours catching up. Tonia and I have been friend since my first grown up job in 2004. Tonia and I have to many memories together and I cherish this relationship no mater where our lives go, I know that we will always be connected. And as an added bonus she showed me how the Snapchat filters work!




On Tuesday morning I officially again resigned. (I had resigned on the Thursday before I left but then I was given another opportunity - but after weighting the pros and cons I decided to go to a new company). After talking to my boss, I had coffee (DB - of course) with Corinne - I like that Corinne and I have nothing in common, but we are still friends.
Then I went to see the best stylist on earth, Marbella and she cut and colored my hair. I am so over the blonde - and someday the bleach will be out of my hair.
And for lunch Chels and I met at Costa Vida (2nd time) and then we went and picked the boys up from school. It was a nice few hours hanging with my first friend I made in college.



Since I clearly have not ate that much since being in Idaho - Barb, Paul and I went to downtown Boise and partook of Ruth Chris's happy hour. Ruth Chris is a super fancy resturant but their happy hour is really reasonably priced. P.S. their hamburger is amazing (I have now had it in DC and it was as good as it was in Boise).




After dinner we drove around the campus of BSU and it sure has changed and it has some cool new photo opportunities, like this giant B!

I love this photo, but it does look like my first day of college :)
After a very exciting day we went back to Barb and Paul's where Barb and I just chatted for a few hours. I am so thankful that for this trip I was able to stay with Barb and Paul for a few days. I love these two more than I can I ever explain. Even though we are thousands of miles apart, Barb is one of my go to people - I truly would not make it through the day to day life of east coast living without them.

No comments: