Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Last Day in the Best Place on Earth

My flight left around 11am on Sunday morning. My amazing week was coming to an end and I was sad. But we were not done with all the adventures just yet. We had planned on going to the hot air balloon launch - which happens in downtown Boise around sunrise (7am). So early. But once you are down there, you are glad you woke up at a crazy hour. As we were walking to Ann Morrison people stopped us and told us the balloon launch was cancelled because of the weather. I guess there was a threat of rain (no rain actually fell). So what to do now? Don't want to go to the airport 4 hours early. Lisa suggested going up to Table Rock to look over all of the valley! Great idea! And a perfect send off. 
The Boise river - so calming.
I have only been up to Table Rock once - in my 20's when Ian and I hiked up it for a Good Friday service. Table Rock gives you great views of the valley. And this year, we could see the damage from the fires that were way to close to the city.








After Table Rock we had breakfast at Ihop and then I went to the airport to fly back to the east coast to start my 3rd year. I loved every bit of my time in Idaho. I love everything about Idaho. I love the people. I love the environment and mostly I love everyone. When I am home I can feel myself calming and taking a relaxing break, because this is home. This is my comfort zone. This is where I feel safe and this is where I feel like I belong. But I also feel like my time on the east coast is not done. I reached my goal of 2 years, but because of events that I will blog about soon my timeline is extended. I have now committed myself to 3 more years on the east coast. After 3 more years I hope to go back to Idaho, but I don't know where I will go and right now I am completely okay with that because while Idaho is in me, I am happy with my choices and my time frame of more time in my current home. 
Thank you to everyone that made time out of their busy scheduled to see me. Thank you to the amazing people that let me stay at their home. Love. That is what I felt the entire time I was there. And hopefully I will keep this tradition up and I will be back to Idaho next September for another visit. 
While waiting for my flight in Boise, I had to take a final picture of all my DB punches. While these punches to not expire and I could have used them for a few free drink I do felt it was best to gift it to a couple friends that could use them at their leisure.
My flights back to Maryland were uneventful and rather quick. I first flew to Phoenix. In Phoenix I had about an hour layover before I caught my flight to Baltimore. My pilot must have been in a hurry because we made amazing time. My flight landed 50 minutes early, as in we flew from Phoenix to Baltimore in only 4 hours! Anthony graciously picked me up at the airport, even though I interrupted his dinner. 
When I got home, I was sad because life had changed drastically and that along with being emotional about leaving Idaho caused crazy Mere, where all I wanted to do was drink Idaho wine out of this amazing coffee mug that Karin gave me, and cuddle my precious baby as I cried. So many emotions, bad, sad, good, but mostly thankful that I am loved by so many - even a far. While life is hard, I truly know I am blessed and I am thankful for all that chose to walk beside me.



No comments: