Thursday, November 3, 2016

Day 5 & 6 in Idaho

As I have mentioned before,I know how to vacation. So far I had taken a drug test and had my hair colored and cut, along with my eyebrows waxed. So for early Wednesday morning I got to go to the eye doctor. I have been going to the same eye doctor for 12 years and this year was the one year that I had to see the other doctor and I did not like it. But on the positive side, I got my annual supply of contacts!
After the eye doctor, Becky and I went to DB for some coffee! Bex had never had DB until a few years ago when I took her. After chatting at DB for an hour we made our way back to MAF.
For lunch Bonni and I went to Flatbread. I love Flatbread pizza - so good!!!
Bonni and I had lunch with the old gang, Jordan (RJ) and Eldon and while Samantha couldn't make it, Yesenia was able to attend. It was such a fun lunch and such inappropriate topics - it wouldn't be a lunch with this group if it wasn't inappropriate. Love them all!
After lunch I spent the rest of the day at MAF. Hanging out with my friends. Well my friends there were there, I was so sad that Karin wasn't at work that day.
This was not the first and probably not the last pair of underwear I have seen at MAF...
Loved that I was able to spend some time catching up with Karlene.
And of course more time with these two lovely ladies.
Just making myself at home in my old cubicle.
For the evening, I was able to spend the evening with one of my best friends and someone who I saw in April - Yesenia. I just love this lady and I so miss our annual bake-a-thons and our dinners where we can just talk for hours. Love you girlie!
On Wednesday night I transferred from my MAF Life to what I like to call my life before MAF Life :) On Wednesday night I went to Kyle and Marie's. Ri and I were able to talk for a couple hours (we don't have that much to catch up on since we Skype at least twice a month - I absolutely value our Skype dates - they are essential to my life out here. On Thursday I got to hang out with Sutter and Jackson and for some of that time we messed with Snapchat filters.












On Thursday morning we went back to MAF so that Jackson could see the planes and also have his favorite, well loved book, Five-Six-Henryby the author himself, Gene! Jackson was also able to see the original Nate Saint plane that is featured in the book. I love the picture of Ri and Jackson (so precious).







Love these two and love an aunt to them!
And I love this lady and am so blessed to have her as my best friend. It amazes me that while I know our bond is special, I knew that being so far away would test it. And yes, I know we both wish we were closer in distance but we have figured out how to make our relationship work through a lot of random tesxts and endless Skype dates. Love you Ri! And thank you for letting me stay at your amazing home for 2 days, even if Jackson did dip my hairbrush in your coffee :) good memories!


No comments: