Thursday, November 17, 2016

Walk Around DC - Oct. 16

One of the many things I like about this area is the fall foliage. On a beautiful Sunday in October I thought I should go to the mall and see some of it. Yeah, well I was a little early because everything was still very green - but still pretty amazing that I can just wander down here anytime I want.


Found one tree that was starting to turn! Success!



After my walk through Chinatown to the Washington Monument and then onto the White House. I decided to check out a park that everyone had told me about - called Meridian Hill. It is a lovely park in a very residential area of DC. I love that people just come hang out at. When I live in DC (yes, I am planning on at some point in the next 3 years to try and live in the District for at least a year) I am thinking I would like this area. 
Meridian Hill is known for their drum circles - this one was a small one.


After Meridian Hill Park I walked through the U Street and Columbia Heights area of DC before heading home to mow the lawn. Over all it was a very active day.

No comments: