Monday, January 5, 2015

New Job and Favorite Monument

I was unemployed for a month. Obviously in that month I did a lot, but I was starting to panic. I need a job! Again, I don't want to recruit, but maybe, just maybe I need to do it. I had done a couple interviews including interviewing with a staffing firm that told me I was to bubbly and that she thought all people from Idaho where gun toting, don't want the government in their business, listening to Fox news non-stop kind of people - and than she rolled her eyes. I am not easily offended, but that offended me! I wonder what she would have said if I told her I owned a gun...I kept my mouth shut :) This lady also told me she was going to recommend me to three companies. I have worked in the staffing industry before - I know how things work, and I also know that I have no loyalties to any company until they find me a job. So when another staffing agency told me about a job and asked if I had heard of the company (I am not disclosing the company, on purpose - if you know me you know where I am talking about). I said yes and told them that I thought someone else had submitted my resume. Well when he called this company they didn't have my resume, so I gave him permission to submit my resume. The very next day they interviewed me and a day later I had a job offer from them and I got $3.00 more an hour than what that first staffing agency was going to give me. Nice try - but I will never work with that staffing agency. Okay, rant over :) 
I started my new temp job as an HR Coordinator (yay no recruiting!) the middle of September and as I write this I am still employed, though by the time this posts I may be unemployed again - therefore I have began slowly searching for a new HR job, oh I love interviewing! 
On my first day, Bonni sent me flowers. So, sweet of her and I totally cried at work, even if I tried to hide it. I so miss the awesome environment at MAF and all my co-workers that are some of my closest friends.
I have no idea why this photo is upside down - but you can still read it :)
After my first day, I walked 10 minutes to the National Mall. I would walk to the mall everyday at lunch, sit on a bench and stare at the monument. I am still in awe that I live here!


Sometimes I would walk to the Navy Memorial and eat lunch there.

On Friday nights while I waited for Tuf and Anthony to come downtown I would wander the mall (Shocker!) 
The US Capitol
Me trying to take a selfie (which I can't do!) with my favorite monument - the Washington Monument!





















Smithsonian Castle - we never actually went into it, until Ri was here in November.
So in love!





















The Lincoln Memorial from the Washington Monument.
Third time is a charm! White House at night.
Want to come visit me yet? ;)

1 comment:

Ri said...

Oh wait, my comment on the previous post? Yeah, shoulda known you were going to post about WM again...