Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Barb & Robyn

I absolutely loved having Barb and Robyn here for an entire week! They had so much planned and let me tag along on their adventures! On Monday night I meet them in NW DC at Bobby Flay Restaurant called Bobby's Burger Palace.
Yeah, we didn't really like it :)  I also had a Bailey's, Vodka, Chocolate Milkshake! So good - I need to go back!

This is a weird photo, but DC water is really gross. I remember when I first stated drinking the water, I had to psych myself out, but after all you acquire the taste and it becomes normal. Barb & Robyn never got use to the taste of DC water, so when they found good water they loaded up on it!
I took a night off on Tuesday to relax and met back up with them on Wednesday night for an amazing experience! We went to the National Museum of Women in the Arts and saw cellist, Cicely Parnas. It was amazing! I loved every minute of it. Before the performance we were such goof balls and like I use to always tell Bev - even if I wore a turtleneck I would still have cleavage!
Cellist Cicely Parnas
On Thursday we meet up for lunch at Chopt' (they make the best salads!), I get the vegetarian delight and add chicken - yep I'm one of those people! 
Old Thursday night we had dinner at Old Ebbitt Grill. Old Ebbitt's is a DC hot spot that is across from the White House. Their calamari is amazing!
The first time I had calamari was with Bonni and so we took this picture to taunt Bonni :)
Super good fish and chips - yum!
On Friday night, Barb, Robyn, Anthony, Tuf and I, met in Old Town for dinner at an amazing Thai restaurant (one of our favorites now). Then we walked down a closed street to see all the people and animals dressed in their Halloween costumes, because this is was after all Halloween night. People go all out! Afterwards we stopped into Starbucks. 
I truly love Barb. She is the best and has been so amazingly encouraging to me throughout my entire time here in DC. She texts me throughout the day just to chat. She has been my support when I have been down. I don't know if I could have gotten through those boring days at my previous job without her. And I am so looking forward to seeing her and Paul (her husband) in April!!!

No comments: