Friday, July 17, 2015

Susan, Lisa, Katie's Visit - Day 4

It was Susan, Lisa and Katie's last day in DC. We started the day with a tour of the Washington Monument. Note, buy Washington Monument tickets online months prior to your visit to DC because these tickets go fast! I got our tickets in January.


View of the White House and the Eclipse. 
Very proud of Susan for going to the top of the Washington Monument. Susan is scared of heights. 
Katie Rose found Idaho on the state wall. 
After the Washington Monument we walked over to the American History Museum


For dinner we went to my favorite restaurant, Matchbox!
At dinner we somehow got on the topic of homemade pop tarts and I told them about this place over on U Street that makes them, and it just so happens that they are in the same management group as Matchbox. So after dinner we went to U Street and got amazing homemade pop tarts from Ted's Bulletin. We also got to watch how they make them. It was a fun way to top of their last night in DC.
Phew, it was a busy month with so many visitors. But it was so much fun and I am truly blessed that so many people have visited. I love that I can share some of my current home with some of the people that mean so much to me.

No comments: