Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Final days of Paul & Barb's Vaca

I had to work the rest of the time that Paul and Barb were here :( On Tuesday morning Bumblebee had a first! He drove into DC! Paul drove Bumblebee while I had a min panic attack with all the crazy drivers in DC! Paul parked Bumblebee at Union Station. Barb thought I wanted to get a picture of her and Paul, but I actually wanted a picture of Bumblebee with the U.S. Capitol!
The reason Paul and Barb drove into DC was because after their Capitol tour they drove to New York City to see sweet baby, Trucker Dukes who is fighting for his life with an aggressive form of cancer. Bumblebee representing his roots in downtown Manhattan!
I am so thankfully that they were able to spend quality time with family.

Please continue to pray for Trucker and the family. 
On Tuesday after work we went to one of Barb's favorite places, Bobby Flays Burger Palace.


I really have no idea how Barb got associated with the Foggy Bottom metro station - but whenever I pass through Foggy Bottom I think of Barb.
Barb and Paul left me on Thursday morning. I cried. It's hard to explain how amazing these two are. While in Idaho we were friends, did a few things outside of work, had our monthly Gilmore Girl party and most importantly they drove me in the snow. While I have been here Barb has become one of the closet people to me. I am not sure I could go a day without a text from Barb. She is always there for me. She has talked (texted) me down from my panics and worries and she has been there when I have celebrated the joys. We have shared thousands of texts over the last year and I have been blessed by having Barb visit two times! I look up to Barb. I admire Barb. And I am forever grateful to have her in my life. I am truly blessed to have such a confidant. I love you guys!

No comments: