Saturday, July 11, 2015

Susan, Lisa and Katie's Visit - Day 1

Susan, Lisa and Katie arrived in DC the night of Thursday, April 16. After picking them up at the airport and taking their luggage to my car we ventured into DC for dinner at Shake Shack. Their first trip on the metro! I should mention that the first time I ever went to DC was with Lisa and Susan in 2004. It was my college graduation present to myself. While in DC I learned that in a scary situation I flight.I am not a fighter. We were somewhere in an unsafe area of DC and were out at night and we had a police officer tell us to go to our hotel and not come out until morning. Yep, that was my first experience in DC and yet I still moved here.
First thing we need - Starbucks!
Shocker, our first monument in DC was the Washington Monument!




Next WWII Memorial:
Next stop, Vietnam Memorial Wall:
 
Up next, Lincoln Memorial.











Next, Korean War Memorial
Now for a walk around the Tidal Basin, taking a few pictures of the last cherry blossoms trees still in bloom .







FDR:
Jefferson:
After a late lunch at District Taco we walked to the White House:
It was a long day in DC and we walked a lot. We ended the day with Fro Yo in Alexandria.

No comments: