Thursday, July 23, 2015

Rehoboth, Delaware!

When I moved to the east coast I had this image that on the weekends I would go to the beach or to NYC or explore some historical town. While I haven't done that as much as I would like we have ventured out of DC a couple times. On the Sunday over Memorial day we decided to explore Annapolis. We have heard such great things about Annapolis. So, on the road to Annapolis we go!
I love Sonic drinks. But there are no Sonic's close...thank goodness for the road trip!
While I was enjoying my cherry slushy I was looking at the map and you know, the Atlantic Ocean is not that far. And I really love the ocean. So after talking to the cousins we decide to drive just a little past Annapolis to Rehoboth, Delaware. To get to Rehoboth you have to drive across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge. The Bay Bridge is 4.3 miles long and is one of the scariest bridges to drive across. They actually have people that will drive you across the bridge!
Finally we made it to the beach! It took a little longer than expected, because of traffic and than trying to find a place to park. Apparently we were not the only ones that thought going to the beach the first weekend of summer was a great idea...
 
Trying but so epically failing at getting a good jumping picture.




We didn't bring beach attire - but we still went in!!

 We had such a fun day at the beach. After playing on the beach. We wandered around the little tourist shops and got a couple gifts for ourselves and a couple for friends. We had dinner and than made the 3 hour drive home.

No comments: