Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Texas - Part 1 - Friends

At the end of January I flew to Texas for the reception of my dear friend Kimberley and her husband Marcos. They were married in Brazil on New Year's Eve and were having their US reception in Tyler Texas. I flew from DC to Dallas. Casey and Lisa landed about 20 minutes after I did and from there we got a rental car and made our first stop at I 'N' Out! Love it! And it is so cheap! Then we made the 2 hour drive east to Tyler.
This post is about friends - but really it is just about all the food we ate in a short amount of time. On Friday we all went to Cheddars for lunch.
Then we went to Braums for dessert (cause we were not already full!). I remember Braums from my childhood when I spent to summers two summers with the McKeown's.
For dinner, Marcos and Kimberley made us a typical Brazilian dinner of beans and rice. It was so good, I could get that every day. Wow is it good!

Saturday was devoted to the reception. On Sunday, we just hung out and chatted, in the afternoon we went for a nice walk on a greenbelt area.
We picked up dinner at Papa Murphy's and Casey did a great job of cooking the pizza's!
And yes, later that night we went back to Braums!
Being in Texas for 4 days was really refreshing. I was around some of the most important people in my life, whom I consider family. At times, as we were reminiscing, I would have to remind myself that we were not teenagers in Nevada, but rather grown adults in Texas! We did a lot of reminiscing down memory lane and some awesome 90's styles that Lisa and I totally rocked. It was a wonderful time and I am so very thankful that we were all able to come together to celebrate the marriage of Marcos and Kimberley.

No comments: