Saturday, April 15, 2017

Karen's Visit

On Saturday, March 4, Karen and I decided to do something that neither of us had done in DC (which that alone is a hard task to do), we went to the Newseum. If you have a Bank of America card you can get into the Newseum free on the first weekend of every month. As someone who has grown accustom to free things in DC, especially museums, I have a hard time paying to go into one. I have known about the Newseum and Bank of America partnership since moving to DC, but this is the first time I have taken advantage of it. I am so glad I did. It is a great museum! 
One of the first exhibits we went to was was the Berlin Wall. This is an actual piece of the Berlin Wall.
We took in one of their free 3-D movies....it was...okay...
I had heard that the terrace at the Newseum had wonderful views of the Capitol and boy was it right! It was a cold day in DC, but we still ventured out and got some beautiful pictures of the Capitol.

An excellent exhibit about the events of September 11.
Some photos around the Newseum.



After the afternoon at the Newseum we went out to Old Town for some amazing Thai food and Karen ordered my cashew chicken dish.
On Sunday, we had a chill day in Maryland. We went to church, lunch then Target, came home and cleaned and got ready for when Zach and Hailey were going to arrive later that week. On Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday I stayed with Karen in Pentagon City at the Ritz (yep, slumming it). It was nice to be so close to DC, we had dinner at Matchbox (both nights) and played Phase 10 in the hotel. I love that Karen is able to visit often!

No comments: