Tuesday, April 11, 2017

February Randomness

February - what an interesting month. 
February started with us loading a huge moving van full of Tuf's stuff and then her driving it to Texas. Why you may ask? Well because we were moving into a smaller apartment and wouldn't have the luxury of a big house anymore. Plus, Tuf plans on moving back to Texas the beginning of 2018 and I will be here until the end of 2019, so it made sense that we would start using more of my stuff. 
Tuf's stuff left about 3 weeks before we moved. Dexter was not allowed in the basement because he was just to much for Princess. But since there was nothing upstairs, I allowed Dexter to come downstairs and hang out with us and he thought he could fit into the cat bed...love this doggie.
The middle of February we drove to Nashville and sadly gave Dexter and Bella (the cat) to Anthony to take back to Texas. Dexter was a big dumb dog, but man I loved him and he was a good buddy. Love you dumb dumb!
It was a long and emotional drive. We left on a Saturday afternoon and were back home on Sunday evening.
A friend from Idaho was in town for a conference. I was able to meet up with her and have dinner at Matchbox. Then we walked to the Washington Monument and White House. It was great catching up with Lori, who know works in Montana at Yellowstone.
Moving day. Good bye awesome basement - you were good to me for 1.5 years. You will be missed.
Side note: As we were moving, I stopped at McDonald's and got a chocolate Shamrock shake (it's not that good - just need to stick with my normal Shamrock shake).
The new place: I like how we decorated :)
The first morning:
Look at this beautiful kitchen and all the counter space - I have so missed counters!
My bedroom after day 1 - looking good.


Hi, my name is Meredith and I may have an addiction to jewelry...
Our apartment all put together. 
While we may live further out - a huge plus, is the bus is right outside our apartment that takes me directly to the metro. This is where the bus drops me off and our apartment is on the third floor first three windows on the left.
 
One week after we moved in Tuf went to Texas for a few days and I got sick. However, Kimberley and Marcos were coming to visit for 2 days. So, it was a rush to unpack - but I got it done! And I was able to even do some of guest room treats (even if we don't have a guest room). 

Protests still excite me, even though they are very common in DC. This one was right outside of my office. 

Don't forget about our 3 fur babies that live with us in our new apartment.



February could be summed up as all things moving - Tuf stuff moved to Texas, Dexter and Bella went to Texas via us driving them to Nashville, and then moving into the apartment. March was another big mouth of visitors.


No comments: