Thursday, April 13, 2017

Marcos & Kimberley Visit

Marcos and Kimberley were doing a multi state tour as they prepare to move to New Zealand in June to work with YWAM as missionaries. I am so thankful that they were able to spend 2 nights with me. They arrived on Sunday, February 26. That evening we went to Matchbox for dinner and then chilled at the apartment. On Monday, February 27, I was sick, so I called in and I was able to spend the day with them and their friend Kathleen who lives super close to my new apartment. Speaking of my new apartment - there is a Dunkin Donuts attached to the building - I am not a huge fan of Dunkin Donuts but when it is super close, I am learning to like it, plus their mobile app makes it super easy to pick up your mobile order in your PJ's on Saturday mornings :) 


After a healthy breakfast at Dunkin Donuts we decided to spend the day in Old Town Alexandria. I love Old Town! I remember the first time I visited Old Town for two reasons: the first was it was the site of the emphatic bike crash that Kimberley and I encountered and thus leading the way to my photos on my Christmas cards. And the second, I remember after I visited and I have this in my blog book from 2008 - that if I didn't move to Boston, I would move to Alexandria. Well 7 years after I made that statement on my blog - I moved to Alexandria and next year it is my goal to move back to Virginia. I love Old Town! Marco and Kimberley were in DC last year, so they were okay not doing the DC stuff - but rather chillin in Old Town. 
There are walking tours you can do of Old Town so we did that with a little wandering in and out of the adorable shops.  
One of our first stops was Christ Episcopal Church - both George Washington and Robert E. Lee were regular attenders.



Mai Thai is my favorite restaurant in Alexandria and in the top 5 in the DMV area. I love the cashew almond chicken and people have started listening to me and this time we all ordered the same thing. It is sooooo goooodddd!!!
My new apartment complex as a lot of common areas - so we decided to enjoy one of those rooms, the cyber cafe - where we ate our pastries we got in Old Town and enjoyed the free coffee in the cyber cafe.
Even though I was so sick with a cold that kept me down for a few days, we had a great time. I am so very thankful for these wonderful people.

No comments: