Monday, April 3, 2017

January Randomness

January 2017 started off like most January's very slow and chill. I rented my first Redbox (I know I am behind!).
 
We had a very mild winter - as in we only had 1.4 inches of snow before a random storm that damaged some of the flowers that were already blooming. 
 
Tuf and I ate very healthy on a 21 day fix:






Even Princess got on the health food craz and sniffed some coconut kale chips I made.
January also brought the craz of the inauguration. It was my first time to experience what this city go through in as our nations prepares for a new President. High fences and stands go about around the White House and along Pennsylvania Avenue. 


I work 5 blocks from the White House and since inauguration day is on a Friday, we all worked from home. And this is how I celebrated my first time in DC as a new President takes office. 
A few days after President Trump took office there some protesters climbed a construction crane to protest something. As I was walking to work a group of people were looking up to the crane and the police were there, but at that time nobody was sure what was going on. 
By 10am the protesters had unraveled their sign and it said "Resist" - it was a Greenpeace protest. The five or so protesters ended up coming down later that day. 

One thing I love doing in January is updating all the Christmas cards I received in December. All these people mean something very special to me.
One of Tuf's Christmas presents from me was her favorite band's lead singer, Justin speaking at what he called "The Open Book Tour". It was a really great evening in Annapolis and now I have to admit, pretty much love Blue October as well.
The middle of January also brought a random conversation with Tuf and I about moving into a smaller place now that it was just her and I. We didn't need the house in Silver Spring and neither of us were looking forward to yard work that would come this spring. So, we searched some apartments and on one Sunday we decided to start in Maryland and make our way to Virginia. We looked at about 5 apartments and found one that offered us some really special deals that made moving seem possible.After talking to our current home owners about breaking our lease and they agreed, we signed a one year lease on an apartment in Rockville - more to come on the apartment in my February posts.

1 comment:

LoriD said...

And an old friend visited! ;) PS. I didn't know you guys did the 21df? Workouts too?