Saturday, April 1, 2017

Goodbye 2016, Hello 2017

 
Welcome 2017. Before we embark on what 2017 has and will hold, I would like to take a moment to remember the past year. 2016 marked my 2nd complete year in DC. When I moved in the east coast I gave myself a 2 year minimum and I reached that goal in 2016! While reaching my first goal of living on the east coast for 2 years, I have decided that I will stay in the Washington, DC area for another 3 years, with a tentative plan to leave around October of 2019.
2016 brought back my love of New York City and my continual thankfulness of living on the east coast, along with a lot of great memories and also some no so great things. I still miss Idaho and I still feel like Idaho is my home, but I am growing accustom to life on the east coast. It is amazing how your perspective changes over time and the situations you are in.
Now for a brief recap of all that 2016 brought.
January: First time to Great Falls; Snowzilla (never seen that much snow in my life, and never want to see that again!); First trip back to NYC with Melissa and Alissa; Workday training
February: First White House Tour; Went inside the Supreme Court for the first time to pay our respects to Justice Scalia; Annapolis; Carrie Underwood concert; Forts around DC
March: Karen, Kimberley, and Marcos visit
April: 2nd annual sunrise service at the Lincoln Memorial; Cherry Blossoms; James visits; 2nd trip to NYC; Yesenia and Lionel visit
May:Kathie visits; 2nd trip to NYC; Finally met Zachary Levi thanks to Kathie's fantastic idea about going to see the Broadway Play, She Loves Me, in which Zac starred in; Passport DC (2nd annual time attending); Memorial Day weekend in Yorktown with Stacy, Robert, Peyton and Melissa
June: 36th birthday; SHRM conference
July: Anthony's family visits; 4th of July (another failed attempt at seeing awesome fireworks); Together 2016
August: Tuf's birthday; first trip to National Aquarium; first trip to Ocean City, Maryland for a beach weekend, Year 2 officially living on the east coast; 2nd annual trip to Boise
September: Life Changes - people leave, new job as a Generalist (career goal)! 
October: Chill month; my first Blue October concert; started driving in DC to work! 
November: First Presidential election drama in DC; Karen visits; Thanksgiving
December: People's Christmas Tree at the US Capitol, the tree was from IDAHO!!!; all things Christmas in DC; Marcos and Kimberley are married in Brazil and I watch with Lisa on Facebook live with her in Idaho and me in Maryland. 

2016 was an interesting year. There were a lot of struggles, and a lot of personal growth. I was able to accomplish a little more traveling out of the area like my three trip to NYC - I can give tours of that city as well! :) and the ocean, I love the ocean - my goal is to go a few more times to the ocean in 2017. Thank you 2016! Looking forward to what 2017 holds.

No comments: