Thursday, February 11, 2016

The Calm of January

I have been trying to enjoy the calm of January, because in general my life is fairly busy from working to hosting guests to exploring this area. So, when January comes along, I may seem bored, but I'm really trying to focus on the calm and enjoy the everyday'ness of life. 
Tuf gave me her Fitbit because she got a new one. A goal on the FitBit is to get to 10,000 steps a day. On one particular day it was super cold, but Tuf and I bundled up and went for an evening walk. It was much better than me walking circles in my room!


Because I am a competitive person, I like to reach my goal of 10,000 steps a day - so one beautiful day in January, I walked to the National Mall towards the Capitol, and then on my way back to work I walked towards the Washington Monument. I pinch myself  once in awhile because sometimes I still can't believe I work and live in our nation's capitol!

January is cold - so Princess gets to enjoy her heating pad!
 
 Manny and Pup Pup regularly hangout in the basement

Dexter loves BSU! Can't you tell from his facial expressions :) 
And Baylor loves me! 

Skyping with Sutter - got to start them young! 
I love the red line, so much, as much as I love crowded trains and pushing people! If you ever move to DC - don't move to an area where you have to take the red line. Yellow line is the way to go!
 Thanks to Karen, I am going to fulfill an HR goal/dream! I am going to the annual HR conference in June for 3 whole days!!! I am going to get so many recertification credits!!! Totally geeking out on HR! 
 I am spoiled! Tuf, is such a great cook - Chicken parm (minus the parm for me), in a spaghetti squash. This is now one of my favorite meals!
  And now let's start the February posts - a full week in NYC with 3 great friends!

No comments: