Wednesday, February 17, 2016

NYC - Day 1

After living on the east coast for a year and a half I finally went up to NYC! The main purpose of my trip was to go to Workday training. Workday is the HRIS (Human Resource Information System) that we use at work. I absolutely love Workday and while I have been using Workday for a year now I need to take the fundamental class in order to be able to take future classes. 
Since my training started on Tuesday, Melissa and I decided to have an extended weekend and celebrate her 30th birthday. Have I told you how amazing this girl is? She was my first friend in DC and over the year has become on of my best friends. I am so thankful for our friendship. 
A train ride from DC to NYC is about 3.5 hours and if you book far enough in advance you can get a ticket for around $49 one way. Once you realize that Amtrak will usually run a little late, you will love the comfort and ease of it.
Our first glance at the city.
So excited to be in NYC!!!
Our first hotel for 2 nights was in midtown and when asked what floor we would like to be on, we said a higher floor!
Metro time. Stop saying metro - in NYC it is the Subway!


Our first stop in the big apple - Time Square!
I have failed to mention that Alissa joined us in NYC! Alissa flew directly into NYC and meet us at Penn Station. Alissa was with me in NYC until Thursday afternoon. Melissa and Alisa (let those names sink in for a little bit), are very similar - not only in name, but habits, mannerism, food choices and most importantly friends with me! :)
Chocolate World (aka - my heaven!)
We found a little Chinese restaurant in Time Square for dinner. After dinner we made our way over to Rockefeller Center.
The ice skating rink and Rockafellar Center is a lot smaller than it looks on TV.

After Rockefeller Center we walked over to an Irish Pub that Melissa's cousin, Colm works at. We had such a fun night feeling like a local. I'm also super happy that Melissa was able to reconnect with her cousin.
We arrived in NYC around 5pm on Saturday night and for our first day in the Big Apple we were able to see so much!

No comments: