Thursday, February 25, 2016

NYC - Day 4

As I said before, I was in NYC for HRIS training. I have been using Workday for about a year now and I knew that I would know most things that this class was going to teach us. However, if I ever want to get more involved in Workday and attend future training I had to attend the Fundamental class. On one of the positive side I get to count this training towards my HR certifications! 
During my lunch break I walked around for a little bit. Just like when I am DC, I have to pinch myself that I was in NYC. I miss Boise so much, but while I am on the east coast, I am going to enjoy it! The picture below is the skyline of Brooklyn.
After training, Alissa and I walked to the 9/11 Museum and Memorial. If you go to the 9/11 museum on Tuesday (tickets are required) it is free.





"The National September 11 Memorial Museum at the World Trade Center bears solemn witness to the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2011 and February 26, 1993. The Museum honors the nearly 3,000 victims of these attacks and all those who risked their lives to save other. It further recognizes the thousands who survived and those who acted with extraordinary compassion in the the aftermath. Demonstrating the consequences of terrorism on individual lives and its impact on communities at the local, national, and international levels, the Museum attests to the triumph of human dignity over human depravity and affirms an unwavering commitment to the fundamental value of human life." taken from the 9/11 brochure
Memorial Hall is situated between the Twin Tower footprints and features a quote forged from remnant World Trade Center steel and a site-specific art installation, Trying to Remember the Color of the Sky on That September Morning.
Survivors' Stairs
Center Passage demonstrates the scale of 9/11 attacks through monument artifacts, evoking the magnitude of the World Trade Center buildings and their destruction
 







 
















Foundation Hall contains remnants of the original World Trade Center, including the slurry wall and the celebrated Last Column.



If you are ever in NYC, this museum is a must. It is hard, and you will probably tear up (I did), but you will be glad you did it. 
After the museum we walked around the memorial grounds and the pools where the twin tours once stood. We also admired One World Trade Center.





No comments: