Wednesday, February 3, 2016

New Home!

This post has been in my que for 5 months! Why have I not finished this post before now? I have no idea. 
We moved to Silver Spring, MD the end of July. Silver Spring is about an hour north of Alexandria, but still within the DMV area. My commute is still about an hour - but now I walk about a mile to a bus stop and I take the bus to the Silver Spring metro station or I ride to work with Tuf and catch the metro there. If I drive to the metro I drive to Forest Glen (one stop north of Silver Spring metro) and on government holidays (when I have to work, but nobody else in DC is working) I drive to the Fort Totten metro station. Anthony graciously picks me up at the metro each night.  I like the variety that living at this location has to offer. I miss being so close to Mount Vernon and Old Town Alexandria, but our house in Silver Spring is so much better. 
 
The house was built in 1944 (3 years newer then our Alexandria house!) and is about 1900 square feet. We have 3 bedrooms, 1 bath, a living room and kitchen on the main floor. In the basement we have a storage room, laundry room, bathroom and about 600 square feet of open area that I call my little studio. The basement has been dug out so the ceilings are 10 feet and there are two big windows, thus why it is just not an ordinary basement - I love it.
Normally, I can move and unpack in around 2 days. But I am getting old, so I take a little longer and I drug my feet! This is what the basement looked like, after about a week of living in it! 
This was my old couch. It was my first big purchase out of college. I love this couch and my Barnes and Noble chair - but they were worn and dirty and had been stored for a year in Alexandria.So it was time for a new set.
I bought a new couch and I love it!!!
I am also the only person in this entire world that hates hardwood floors. I found this new rug at Ross and I love it and it is nice and huge!
Starbucks mugs! I have and addiction! Since this photo was taken I have probably added 10 more cups! I also spray painted the silver shelf - it was red in Alexandria.



I love sayings and Idaho and DC!

I have a freezer in my room! And I like it! After Christmas I was able to put my Christmas cards on the freezer. 


My jewelry wall - I have since added more holders - I got a lot of necklaces for Christmas!
My new bedding! Love it and I love my super tall bed!
My bedroom area.
Tuf and Anthony have graciously let me use their wardrobes! Behind the wardrobes is Tuf's dryer (cause it won't fit in our laundry room), our bikes and the door that leads outside.
My bathroom/Princess's domain

















Love, love, love my new area
 Scary laundry area, but I still love doing laundry
  Tuf and Anthony's room
Tuf, Antony and the guests bathroom
Anthony's office/dog room/bird room
Our living room
Living room/dinning room:
Kitchen, someday I will have counter space again...


Next up, our guest room. love our new house.

No comments: