Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Tuf's Parents Visit - Part 2

While Brett and Michelle were here we exchanged Christmas gifts and they gave me a robe! I seriously need a robe. So happy!
 The Wednesday before Thanksgiving, Tuf, Brett and Michelle meet me at my work. We went over to Archives and saw the Declaration of Independence, Constitution and the Bill of Rights. Next we walked over to the White House. 
The White House Christmas tree (a lot more photos to come of this tree with various people).

The back side of the White House.
 Front side of the White House: 
 We meet up Anthony, Melissa and Sarah and had dinner at our favorite restaurant, Matchbox!
 Another beautiful Christmas tree area the District, this one was in City Center.
 On Wednesday night, Tuf, Melissa and I went to Reagan to pick up Tuf's friend, Christina from the airport. We made her a sign, "Martinez, welcome to America" :)
 Thanksgiving will have it's own post. 
The day after Thanksgiving we had another busy day of all things DC. 
Riding the metro - always such a joy (no, not really, I strongly dislike the Metro, but I won't drive, so really how much do I dislike it?).
 Oh look, another Christmas tree! And it just so happens we all matched!











 We had lunch at Lincoln's Waffle House and then went to the Capitol for a tour. 
Waiting for the tour to start.
  




















Each state has two statues in the Capitol. This is one of Idaho's.
A unique tree on the Capitol grounds.
 Touring around DC is hard work - especially for Christina!

 Jumping in front of the Capitol, it's what I do best! 
 Next we went to the Air and Space Museum an then went to dinner. 
It was a fantastic day!   

No comments: