Wednesday, January 20, 2016

National Mall with Zach

 On Tuesday, December 8 - Zach and I started the morning a little late after getting home in the wee hours of the morning from the game. When I show people around Washington, DC, I like to start with taking them to the Washington Monument. To me, the Washington Monument signifies DC. From the top of the Washington Monument you can see all of the District, Virginia and Maryland. I love the Washington Monument!






 After the tour, we walked over the the American History Museum to have lunch. While at the American History Museum we saw the original flag that inspired our National Anthem and then we started our walk along the National Mall and Tidal Basin.









 Love this picture of the Vietnam Memorial Wall!















 Thomas Jefferson
 After walking around the Tidal Basin we walked over to the White House to see the National Christmas tree.
 A Nativity set at the National Christmas tree.
 As we were walking around the White House from the back side to the front side we saw the Presidential Motorcade. This was a first for me since I have lived in this area.
 The Dwight D. Eisenhower Federal Building, this is the building next to the White House where most of the White House staff work. 
Front side of the White House. 
 After all this walking and site seeing, we rested our tired and aching feet while we enjoyed a dinner at The Hard Rock Cafe. 
It was a long but perfect day. I love showing people DC and to show my baby brother this city was something I will always cherish.

No comments: