Monday, February 2, 2015

Around the Office

This is mostly my post to help me remember being a temp for 3.5 months. As I write this, I am a week away from being unemployed and by the time this posts I will be a little over a month away from this position. It was a good position to be in for my first job in DC. The non-profit I worked at is super professional and super strict about the weirdest things. 
Like, you have to use their cups...and they love coasters.
They also take modernism to an extreme with all the modern design and super white walls and glass conference rooms. I wanted to run through the office with a red crayon!






 When I first started in September, my desk was suppose to look out onto the busy street below - but instead the everything was covered in plastic. 



Sometime in October the plastic came off and I could see out the windows! 

I spent sometime in the basement, organizing files. The basement looks nothing like the rest of the office. 

Somehow people thought I could edit things - ha! Good thing I have Alissa on speed dial! 
As I was researching Stay Interviews, I came across this quote that I truly think exemplifies a great leader. This quote totally made me think of Bonni! 
Working in the city you keep multiple shoes at the office, cause you just wear flats to commute.
Let's see, what else did I take pictures of...oh yeah, myself! Selfie time! 
Sometimes you got free food and it was good!
Now for a walk around the office. Often times during lunch I would walk around the blocks to see what I could find. I don't know where my next job will be, so I wanted to take advantage of being in the heart of DC. The building I worked in in the lighter stone brick in the middle with all the glass.The building at the furthest end of the photo is the FBI headquarters.
During the fall I would walk to the National Mall and eat lunch on a bench while looking at the beautiful Washington Monument.
Sometimes I would also eat lunch at the Navy Memorial. 
Walking around the block is Ford's Theater, where Lincoln was shot...so across from Ford's Theater is actually a pretty good restaurant called Lincoln's Waffle Shop.
Across from the Navy Memorial is Archives.
I ate a lot of lunches in the open area of the Portrait Gallery.


My metro stop is Gallery Place / Chinatown.







During Christmas time was an great holiday market! I loved walking through seeing all that the vendors had and while I was already done Christmas shopping, I have birthday's done! 



This is what my metro ride usually looked like.
And my commute home at night. I hate Route 1! Overall, it took me about an hour each way to get to and from work. I miss my 15 minute commute.
I may have had time on my hands at work and I may have shopped a few times. This dress was something I bought on a dangerous website, called ModCloth.



And this concludes my first job in DC post!

No comments: