Sunday, February 8, 2015

Ri & Jackson in DC

On Thursday, November 13, my best friend and her 7 month old baby boy came to visit me. I was so excited to see them! 
The day before they arrived, I was having some ear pain. I went to urgent care, where they irrigated my ear and it hurt so bad that I cried! The next day, the day Ri & Jackson were arriving, my ear was swollen shut. Thankfully I was able to get an appointment with an ENT. I had an ear infection and irrigating my ear had made my ear canal very mad. So, I had a wick put into my ear so the medicated ear drops could go in the canal. After my doctors appointment I went to Reagan to get Ri and Jackson! We had dinner in Old Town at a Thai place and then we came back to my house to relax for the evening. 
On Friday we ventured out into DC! It is November and it was cold and windy, so everyone needed jackets - though poor little Jackson may have some issues if his mom puts his coat on backwards! At least Jackson is a happy boy!!
We had lunch in Alexandria and the Tuf drove into DC and we parked around the Tidal Basin. Have I mentioned how much I love the Washington Monument? Here is a view of the monument from the Jefferson Memorial.
A new adventure for Tuf and I, the Smithsonian Castle. Jackson liked the Castle as well - it was his first of probably many castles he will visit in his life time.
Ah my baby...


Jackson liked the Washington Monument as well.
Hanging with Mr. Jackson on Friday night and I am a pretty awesome babysitter :)





Saturday was kind of a bummer day. My ear was in a lot of pain and I basically spent all of Friday night crying and whimpering and not sleeping. However, the ear pain went away early on Saturday morning so I stayed home on Saturday morning and slept while Tuf, Anthony, Ri & Jackson went to Eastern Market (which I still haven't been!). On Saturday afternoon Ri and I went to a coffee shop and just hung out - which was so nice and reminded me of my life in Idaho. On Saturday night we went to Old Town for dinner at Austin's (Tex-Mex).


Sunday we toured more of DC. White House!
Jackson on Jackson Street around the White House.
Lincoln Memorial!



Touring around DC in a stroller is a lot of work - nap time at the Lincoln Memorial!
Ri crazy happy with her macaroons
Fall in DC is beautiful! National Park


Blowing spit bubbles on the metro!


Trips go by so fast! Half a day left...

1 comment:

Ri said...

Coke bottles, baby toys, doggies, long walks in the stroller and sights to see... Jackson had a great time at your house and so did I! We miss Auntie Mere!