Tuesday, December 18, 2018

New Mexico Day 4

My last day in New Mexico. It always goes by so fast. I was determined to make the most out of my last day. 
Rae and I looking adorable in purple! 

Cliff is a super small town in southern New Mexico and while there may not be a ton of things like there is in DC, there is still amazing things to do and see. I remember as a child I went to the Cat Walks  - it's a beautiful area with amazing landscape and water. Water is essential when it is over 100 degrees outside. 





Cool..yeah, we will continue on, I have done enough hiking with Karen to fill confident that I may not die with young children in tow :) 


It was a little too hot outside, so we headed back and Eli and Hailey really wanted me to walk in the stream with them. Sure, at least in the water it would be cool. At the end I found out a few things, one there are water snakes and water spiders...yeah, if I would have known that before hand, I would not have done that. But I did and I survived and had fun with Hay and Eli. 
After the Cat Walks we went and had lunch at the only restaurant in Cliff and then went back home to relax. 


Pretty kitty, Ellis. 
Seriously, I can't get enough of this little girl. 


My last night being able to put her to sleep  - I did not want to ever let her go. I love babies and love them sleeping in my arms.


Hailey and Eli's birthdays are in July and since I was there just a couple weeks before their birthday I was able to give them their gifts early. Hailey loves to swim and she wanted a mermaid tale. Auntie for a win! 
Eli really love dinosaurs! Roar!!! 



The next day, Zach drove me the 3 hours to El Paso, Texas where I made my way back east. Man it was hard. I had an amazing time in Boise and an incredible time with family in New Mexico. I am honestly, truly blessed with amazing people in my life and this week has helped me me so much as I continue to live on the east. Being so far away from my people has been extremely hard in 2018. I know I am thankful for this opportunity, but I also know that my heart is out west and I will be back. 

No comments: