Thursday, December 20, 2018

June Random

Karen came to visit me for the second time this year and we were able to hang out at my rooftop pool. The water was still a tad cold, but come on, look at those views - Washington Monument and the US Capitol Dome! Amazing!!! 



Like so many random posts, they mostly consist of Princess. She is just so weird and photogenic :) 
2018 has turned into doctors appointments for Princess and I. This appointment was because Princes was peeing blood (not going to be the first time in 2018) and so I panicked and since I didn't have a car in the city, I had to take Princess to a vet close to home. She went to P Street Vet and he was really good, but super small and Princess has history at a bigger vet where I can get everything all at once and quickly. So while it is nice to know someone is close, Princess will continue her care in Rockville. Princess is the most chill cat ever when it comes to the vet, normally she just falls asleep. This time, she hid under a chair, reminded me of how Dexter use to go to the vet. It turned out Princess had a UTI (and not her only one in 2018) - poor baby and apparently it's pretty common in diabetic kitties. I also find it pretty awesome, that I carried Princess half a mile each way on North Capitol street in DC and yet I still had random people talk to me - do I look that stable? I'm carrying a cat in DC! People are weird. 

























TRUTH!!!!
Man, I am so far behind on my blogging considering the next couple photos are about my 2018 interns and now I am currently preparing for 2019 interns. During the summer of 2018 I planned a scavenger hunt around DC for the interns - it was really well received and we thought it would be good to let the interns represent their schools while they explored DC and umnn, hello, even though I wasn't on the scavenger hunt with them, I planned the whole thing and I was going to represent BSU! Another intern event I hosted was an ice cream social with our executive leaders and my awesome coworker has been willing to dress up as our mascot! I love our interns and we have such an awesome program! 

Sadly in June I also had to end a relationship. I have never done that before, but I learned in May that if I didn't value myself, then nobody else would and sometime people are just not right for you. I am also extremely blessed to have many people that do care about me. 
Yep!


No comments: