Sunday, December 30, 2018

Bucket List Adventures

More bucket list activities. On Sunday, August 26, Steph and I ventured around the fancy DC Wharf and then we took a free water taxi to Hains Point where we walked to the point, where you can see DC, Maryland and Virginia, along with the Potomac and Anacostia River.  


On Friday, August 31 we went to the last Marine Corp band performance of the summer at the Marine Barracks in southeast DC. The ceremony starts every Friday evening during the summer at 8:45 pm and is a universal symbol of the professionalism, discipline and United States Marines. The ceremony tells a story regardless of where the Marines are. 







It was amazing! I am so glad that we were able to go and I so wish I would have known about it sooner, because I know the cousins would have loved it. After the ceremony, we went to Ted Bulletins for their famous homemade pop tarts! 
Lastly, on Sunday September 2 it was super hot outside, like almost 100 degrees and humid, so we decided to go to the National Museum of Women in Arts because on the first Sunday of the month it is free. It is a small museum and I had been there one time before when I first moved to DC to go to a concert with Barb and Robin. 
After the museum, we did try to go to an event outside, but it was still way to hot. So, we went over to Chinatown for authentic Chinese food - homemade noodles - amazing! The place is a total hole in the wall, but it was amazing! 
I know this is a blog catch up and if I would have blogged earlier I wouldn't have known this, but having Stephanie in my life and doing these bucket list items really means a lot to me and made 2018 great!

No comments: