Saturday, December 8, 2018

Boise Day 1

It seems fitting to start this intense blog catch up phase with my trip to Idaho in June. Certain events happened this spring that had me making a last minute trip to Idaho. I am a planner. I am usually very efficient. However,  because of these events, I hadn't been myself for a few weeks and this showed as I prepared to go to the west coast for a week. I packed only about an hour before my train left for the airport. In the chaos of random packing, that I am not very good at, I packed 10 pairs of socks and no shoes that needed socks...cool. I also forgot essentials like a tooth brush...awesome! But whatever, I was just happy to remember I am loved and valued. 
Denver and the amazing sign telling me I am almost home! I usually fly through Denver on my way to Boise and when I see the sign that says Boise, I always smile and I begin to breath again - I am home. 
As I normally do I land in Boise around 12am (2am DC time). Karin graciously picks me up and then we chat for hours at her house. No joke - we stayed up until 3am talking. And then like we do, every time I come home we go to the Egg Factory by her house, where I get the best biscuits and gravy that is ever made. 
Then we walk across the street, I know we are in Idaho and we can drive - but it's only across the street. For my first of many Dutch Bros. 
I love this photo - it represents me so well - my love of Dutch Bro's and Idaho. I often where this shirt in DC and people ask me what state it is...umn, the best state ever! 
After brunch, Karen took me over to Barb and Paul's where I would be spending most of my time. Barb and I chilled for a couple hours and then we picked up Alissa and went to downtown Boise for a girls dinner. The Grove has changed so much in the 4 years that I have been gone. I use to work in this area. 
I usually have a get together with my special my MAF friends. But because my trip was so last minute and I didn't plan anything, I thought it would be fun to have dinner in downtown Boise. I always go to Flatbread when I am home, but I hadn't been to the downtown Boise location - it was so much fun. I really needed this time with my friends. This spring in DC had beat me up and I needed people that love me to remind me I am loved, even across the miles. These few days in Idaho helped me remember that I am loved, I am prayed for, I am cherished and miles do not mean anything when you have deep bonds. I am truly blessed. I also think that because of this trip, it has given me the strength to continue on this east coast journey for a little longer. 
These amazing friends, moved their schedules around to accommodate my lack of schedule and came to have an evening with me. I love you all so much and even though it has been 6 months since this photo was taken, it brings me so much joy just to see this. 
I also went to Dutch Bros for the second time (no judging). The DB in downtown Boise is the only location that has seating. 
It was a great first day in Idaho. On a side note, I had to leave Princess with someone besides family. Needless to say, that Princess controls my travel is an understatement, but I love her and I would do anything for her. Something I won't discuss on this blog and Princess lead to a friendship ending, but because of that I had to reach out to strangers in my community and I found a new friend. Emily lives in my building and answered my please to watch Princess for a few days before another friend, Kiarra would come stay with Princess. Emily has turned into a friend and I am thankful to have someone in the building. Emily takes amazing photos of Princess, and many of them will show up in these blog catch up phases. 

No comments: