Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Snow in February

One of the things I heard over and over when I was telling people I was moving to DC was the fact that the east coast gets more snow than Idaho. So when we didn't get any snow while Idaho was getting pelted with it, I may have gloated a little. Well my time came. I hate snow. I really should have moved to Phoenix. The day after President's Day we got about 6 or so inches of snow. That meant snow days for Anthony and I, but Tuf had to work. So at lunch time we went up to have lunch with her. She works around the Georgetown area. I really like that area. Wish we could afford that area. Here are some photos from our first big storm of the winter. 
This is the view out our front door.
Take note Idaho. There are ways to clear snow covered roads, it is called salt, sand and plow trucks. The news said that Northern Virginia had over 300 trucks, DC had around 250 and Maryland somewhere in that number as well. It is amazing how well they clean roads.
Snow covered Potomac River. 
Backside of Lincoln.
Hard to see but there were at least 50 geese on the frozen Potomac River.
National Cathedral
Snow pictures from the 3rd snow storm we had in 2 weeks. The second storm will be in my next posts.




This is my view from my desk on the 8th floor in downtown DC.
The Potomac has been frozen for a couple weeks now. It looks so beautiful in the mornings with the sun shinning on it.
This is what our backyard looked like on the first day of March.
Everyone here in DC, including myself is ready for spring! I hope by the time this posts we are enjoying some 60 degree weather!

1 comment:

Ri said...

Ha! Your favorite weather! At least now (end of March), the cherry blossoms are beginning and you are starting to see the end of the snow. It looks really neat to see the river iced over like that though.