Friday, March 20, 2015

January 2015

Welcome to January 2015 on the east coast! It seems that no matter where I am at in this country, January is a slow month. I started the month of January unemployed. However, that only lasted 2 weeks and I was back working on Wednesday, January 14 from the place that I worked at for 3 months prior, so in essences I had a 2 week vacation. I just wish I would have known it was a vacation and I could have done something fun like gone home or anything besides interviewing and driving all around Virginia, Maryland and DC looking for jobs. When I wasn't applying for jobs or interviewing I was sleeping and binge watching White Collar on Netflix. 
Here are the highlights of our January.
Tuf made a yummy home cooked meal and invited one of Anthony's co-worker and girlfriend for an evening of food and games. It was really fun to finally have some guests over that live in DC. 
A lot of animals live in our house. Here are what they do to entertain us when we are bored. 
Princess, "not" trying to lick that bowl of of mac and cheese.
People may make fun of Princess for having a heating pad, but as you can see, Manny also likes the heating pad.
Dexter is also a lap dog...or so Dexter thinks.
This dog, Pup Pup only likes her mom. While mom was working I make Pup Pup take selfies with me and then we text them to Tuf to make her jealous.
Ah, Baylor he is the sweetest dog ever, I just love him.
Love getting mail from MAF! Karin wrote a special little note on it!
Speaking of MAF. On Tuesday, January 27 I had the privilege of having dinner with Dave and Barb (VP's at MAF) along with 2 lobbyists. They were in DC to have meetings with members on Capitol Hill. Having dinner with them and listening to what MAF is doing, really made me miss MAF. I realized that while I may not have a current passion at my job, at MAF I did, because I truly believe in what they are doing.
That sums up my January, very low key, in a good way because this spring is going to be crazy. But crazy in a good way. I am looking forward to having so many guests visiting. Right now, as I write this post on the first day of February. I am planning on having my bestest friend Karen visit for 5 days on Friday. Then at the beginning of March I get to see Becky again!!! At the end of March Bonni and Troy are coming for 5 days and then 36 hours after they leave Barb and Paul arrive for a week. Then one week after Barb and Paul leave, Lisa, Susan and Katie arrive  for 5 days. Then in May, Kathie is coming. I am hoping to go to Boise in June and in July we move. And hopefully in September Alissa will visit. Phew, what a busy year this is shaping up to be, thus why I was okay with January being slow.

Here are some photos of my adorable niece and nephew in January.

I absolutely love this photo!
On the left is a photo I took of Zach and Hailey in Phoenix, January 2010. On the right is a photo of Zach and Eli, January 2015.
Little grunter, may not like tummy time :)

1 comment:

Ri said...

Woo! Locals!! You guys are fitting in...