Thursday, March 26, 2015

Blizzard of 2015

Okay, we all know I really dislike snow. I mostly dislike driving in snow. On Saturday, February 21, DC got hit with another snow storm. When deciding what to do on Saturday afternoon, I suggested we go to the mall and take pictures! The monuments covered in snow, was magical. We had so much fun playing in the snow as you can see from the below photos. This was one of my best days in DC, thus far.




Lincoln on the left and the World War II Memorial and Washington Monument on the right.




Snowball fight! But first I asked Anthony to help me make a snowball. The snow was so dry!



We are crazy!







Snow angel

 I love this photo of Tuf, with the single tear running down her cheek.
The snow was deep!





Jefferson Memorial










This is looking over the Tidal Basin from the MLK memorial to the Jefferson Memorial.





Anthony eating snow!This is funny because he is such a germaphobe and freaks out when a fry accidentally touches the restaurant table.

FDR Memorial
 
One of my favorite photos. So simple. Quiet. Still. Peaceful.
Catching snow on my tongue.

After playing on the mall and tidal basin, I suggested we go see the Capitol. When we parked close to the Capitol we noticed that people were on the reflecting pool. Oh yeah! We are going to go out there as well. I was super excited!!! However, getting onto the frozen reflecting pool was not as easy as it may seem. 

The reflecting pool was frozen solid!




















Now for some photos. First the normal ones.


And now for the fun ones! These are hilarious and of course my mouth is wide open!
Then the Capitol Police came and ordered all of us off the ice. Boo! But for the 10 or so minutes we were on the reflecting pool were some of the most memorable memories I will always have. Years from now I will think of this time and laugh!
As we were walking back to the car the snow turned to ice and started pelting us, so we took that as our sign to go home, take off all our layers and dry off.

1 comment:

Ri said...

You needed help making a snowball? Where are you from? Not Idaho!