Thursday, February 14, 2019

Wreaths Across America

Another bucket list item with a holiday twist. Early (and I mean early - like wake up call of 6am) on Saturday, December 15, Stephanie and I made the journey to Arlington National Cemetery to participate in Wreaths Across America. It was raining, a lot - we got several inches of rain on that Saturday, but we stood in line for 3 hours to place a wreath on a grave. It has been something I have wanted to do since moving here and I am glad that we finally did it and it was awesome to see the thousands or people that braved the elements to also honor people who have fought for our freedom. 











After several hours in the rain, we headed back to DC and had brunch in DuPont. We were so soaked - my water proof coat and snow boots - lie! Not waterproof. I was soaked through multiple layers and I was not happy at times, but still super glad I finally did this and what an honor to be able to do it!

No comments: