Friday, February 8, 2019

Georgetown Glow

On Saturday, December 1, Stephanie and I started our holiday season bucket list item with Georgetown Glow. I have been wanting to see Georgetown Glow for years and this was another opportunity to see more of Georgetown (I'm beginning to feel like a know Georgetown after my 2 walking tours :)). Stephanie and I decided to join a Meet Up group (group of random strangers who do something together). Since it is a light show we had to obviously wait until it was dark, it had been raining and cold all day - but we still made it out. Sadly, it was the first night and not all the displays were turned on - but we still had a great time and fun walking around! 


The Kennedy Center looks beautiful in the drizzle and fog of the night along the Potomac River. 









This was my favorite display - string display with multiple colors. 
This string light display was at a church, which was cool and a tad creepy because of the dark foggy night. 




This one was unique... reflectors with lights being shone on them..






Lights in windows over a road to look like water is flowing. 
I love white lights on trees. 
This was a cool display of someone running across the rooftops. 
After our tour we had dinner at a great burger place that I had only ate out in Crystal City and then we chilled at a bubble tea place and warmed up and chatted. It was a super fun and festive Saturday night! 

No comments: