Saturday, February 16, 2019

DC Christmas

Finally at the Christmas Day! On Christmas Eve I went out to my dear friends house, Mike and Gina. They invited me over to spend Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with them. On Christmas Eve Gina's family came over for dinner and presents. They are from Peru and true to Peruvian culture they don't open their presents until Christmas morning - as in 12am on Christmas Day. It was super fun to be part of another culture. On Christmas Day, Gina made breakfast, we played some games, I drove Bumblebee and then I headed back into the city. When I got home, I was able to open presents from my amazing friends and wow, I felt loved from all the amazing gifts and Lisa and Susan even sent me a stocking. It sucks to be so far away, but I am loved by so many. This is not all the gifts I received (I am spoiled), but a few I remembered to take a photo of. 



Yesenia's shirt fits me to a T! 
A coworker finds it annoying that I re-gift presents. Well if you are going to hang out with me enough - it's bound come up eventually. My coworker gave me gummy bears - which is my love food and she knew that. But she wrote on the ribbon so I couldn't ever use it again - hilarious! 
I made a mess opening all my gifts -  it's cause I am so loved - what a great thing!
While I was not looking forward to being away from my friends and family at Christmas, it turned out to be a great Christmas with a dear friends that mean a lot to me out here. I don't know what 2019 holds, but regardless of where I go or stay, I do know I have an excellent support system. 

No comments: