Saturday, February 2, 2019

Thanksgiving

I know, it's technically the first of February - but I'm still in this blog make up phase...it's still going to be awhile before I'm current... taking half the year off from blogging is making this catch up phase crazy long. Oh I the fact that I do some cool stuff once in awhile also makes for a lot of blog posts. 
So, back to Thanksgiving. This was going to be my first Thanksgiving on the east coast without family - but that's okay because I have made a really good friend in 2018, Stephanie. Stephanie invited me out to her family's Thanksgiving in Maryland. However, the night before Thanksgiving, Stephanie's car broke down and so we decided to do Thanksgiving in the city. We pulled some stuff together and surprisingly had most of the traditional food (except for turkey). I made the best sweet potato crunch casserole, ever and green bean casserole. 
























It was a great day and I had fun spending the day with Stephanie and Anton at their house in Glover Park (northwest part of DC). We had a great feast and watched a couple episodes of Black Mirror. 

While it may not have been the Thanksgiving we thought it was going to be, it turned out to be a perfect Thanksgiving and I am so thankful to have a great friend to share it with! 

No comments: