Sunday, January 13, 2019

September Random

Now for another random post. 
In September we had a two day retreat with our entire HR team, which included our Columbus Ohio team and that included my best friend Allyson! Allyson is the generalist in Columbus like I am the generalist in DC and we have really bonded over the last year and a half. I am so thankful to have a friend like her at work and I feel like I have found a friend for life. 
During the retreat we did a lot of team building and our group generalist came up with this little drawing on of a guy and we made so much fun of Toni and how disproportion he is. 
It has been found that adult learners will retain knowledge better if they are able to tinker with something while taking in the knowledge. So, we all had these random toys at our table. Allyson and I currently have shared custody of Harvey. He spends a month with me and then a month with her. We haven't had to mail him, but rather he has been able to take plane rides with several people. Harvey has more airline miles in his young life then some adults. 

Also in September, Bev from MAF was in DC with her daughter for a visit and I was able to have a lovely dinner with them. It was great that Bev made some time in their schedule to have dinner with me, it means so much to me! 
 
Martha and I also got together at Pluma, a bakery that was a pop up in Chinatown a few years ago that finally opened a store front in my neighborhood. We made extremely smart dinner choices.. 

We also got a ton of rain this fall and in September we had several serve flood warnings, so a lot of outdoor events were rescheduled for October. However, Glover Park Days did not reschedule and we were so thankful for that because if not we were going to try to do 3 events in one day. Plus Glover Park also allowed me to finally see where my friend Stephanie lives. I love the neighborhood! 
And because of the rain and hurricane warnings, Bumblebee got his blanket on :) 
No catch up is complete without this beautiful girl! 
Yes, sometimes we watch church on Sundays... 

#hahahayes!
#rememberthis
I tried something new, baked chicken strips - not that good... 




No comments: