Saturday, January 5, 2019

Lisa & Susan - Sept. 9

So, about that half marathon Lisa and Susan were going to do...yeah, it rained a lot here, like a lot as in we were having flooding! So, they decided not to run the race and came back to my apartment on Sunday morning. 
It's funny because DC is made up of 4 quadrants (NW, SW, NE, SE). Usually anything in NW and SW are safe. NE is safe in parts and a little sketchy in other parts and SE is okay until you cross the river. Anyways, I live in NE and I do live across the street from public housing, so my area can be a little rougher at times, but it is part of gentrification. Lisa and Susan were staying in Georgetown, that is NW DC and also a super expensive part of DC. But during the middle of the night someone tried to break into their room! Thank goodness they had the top lock and it did turn out to be a drunk person that had the wrong room, but still the fact that his card could open their door is freaking! All the while, I am over in NE sleeping sounding in my locked apartment. :)  
With no race for them, we decided to venture out and have brunch at Front Page in DuPont (it's like the only brunch spot I know in DC and it is amazing). Amazing biscuits and gravy! 
Then we walked to my work. Yeah, I'm cool - I have an office with my name on the door. I actually don't like offices - I really like open office spaces. It's the collaborative harmony person in me :) 
Just walking past the White House - cause that's what you do in the DC. 
Next up, we went to the Renwick to see the Burning Man Exhibit. I had been so looking forward to this. Not because I know anything about Burning Man, cause I didn't. I didn't even know it happens in the desert close to my hometown. Nor did I know that the first burning man in Nevada happened while I still lived in Nevada. I really just wanted to go for the amazing and beautiful exhibits, and I do have to admit they are beautiful! 


















































It did not disappoint and was an very awesome, photogenic art display. 
First time on the metro for these two and it was a new train. 
It was a great day! We came back to the apartment and had a light dinner and then watched the movie, "I Can Only Imagine". If you haven't seen that movie - watch it, it's so good and will make you cry.  

No comments: