Thursday, January 3, 2019

Lisa & Susan - Sept 8

It still amazes me that people want to come visit me, considering I have been here for 4.5 years which means that most everyone visited me in the first couple years and now everyone has forgotten about me. But that is not the case, thankfully! Lisa and Susan flew in on a Friday night and I went to BWI to pick them up. Then we drove over to Rockville for dinner at my favorite restaurant - Chuy's! It was raining so after dinner just came back into the city where I showed them my apartment and we just chilled. 
On Saturday we got a little bit of a late start, but decided to have brunch at Union Market. Union Market is a total DC neighborhood thing and I really like to take my guests there as it is something that you wouldn't really go to if you were just a tourist in DC and since Lisa and Susan had been to DC just 2 years prior, they didn't want to do all the tourist things. 
After Union Market, we went to northwest DC to the National Cathedral. I had been there before, twice, but never did the tour and it was really amazing. So many room in this massive cathedral. 


I will always remember what Lisa said as we took this picture, she said, "Our butts are touching other famous butts." She is true many famous people have sat in these seats and just 2 months after this picture was taken, President H.W. Bush funeral was here were we sat to take this picture was President's row. 


After  the Cathedral, it was still raining super hard so we Ubered to Union Station. I do have to admit, sometimes when people suggest going somewhere, I turn into a spoiled brat and I am like why. It's lame. I live right next to Union Station, I have been to Union Station a billion times. In my mind it is just a glorified food court with a lot of homeless people and I only go there to catch a train to New York. But this is not my vacation, so we went to Union Station. 


We had a nice dinner at Cava (a local favorite of mine) and while we were there I ran into a coworker. Earlier in the day I had ran into a book club friend in the elevator in my building and then at Union Market I ran into another book club friend and so running into a coworker at Union Station was perfect for the day. Lisa and Susan were like you know everyone, yeah, no this never happens. I don't ever run into anyone! 
After dinner we decided to walk to the US Capitol. Even though they didn't want to do all the tourist, I still wanted them to see the National Mall - it is after all DC. 
Then it was back to my apartment and let's not forget the awesome roof top I have! 
Lisa and Susan came to DC to run the Wounded Warrior Race in Georgetown on Sunday morning. So on Saturday night they stayed at a hotel close to the start of the race and I stayed in my apartment and watched the BSU game. 


No comments: