Monday, January 21, 2019

Barb's Here - Day 1

The time has finally came! Barb was here for almost an entire week. I so was looking forward to spending a whole week with one of the most important people in my life. Barb means more to me then I could ever put into words and I felt truly honored that she came back to DC for a third time to see me! Barb flew in late on a Thursday night and so I did the heroic thing and drove to Baltimore to pick her up and drive back to DC. I am getting so good and driving on one road in DC - haha! Since she got in super late (we didn't get back to my apartment until around 12am) we had a late start to the morning and  decided to start our day with brunch at Union Market. There is this great crepe place I like to go to. 
After wandering around Union Market, we decided to take a walk to the US Capitol. Barb had been to DC many times and didn't necessarily need to see all the touristy stuff, but I still wanted to make sure she saw some things and the trees are so beautiful in the fall. 








Then we decided to walk to Chinatown for some dinner at Matchbox - thanks to Becky who gave me an awesome gift card! As we were walking to Matchbox the rain started rolling in. 



It was a wonderful and chill first day! 

No comments: