Friday, January 25, 2019

Barb's Here Day 3

On Sunday, November 4 we started the day with me for the first time ever, driving to church. Getting to church via car is so much faster than metro...I miss my car. After church we headed over to Georgetown (via metro and bus - Mere would never drive in Georgetown) to do a food tour of Georgetown - yeah, another thing you wouldn't think I would do. But Barb really wanted to do it, and so I was going to go in with an open mind and I am so glad I did! I learnt so much about Georgetown (I hadn't spent too much time in Georgetown since living here) and found a few new restaurants and a new favorite food! 
Our food group tour! 
First stop, El Centro for some Mexican food. 
Tamale - yes! That is my love food! And a salad that is pretty much just avocado - absolutely! 
We didn't stop here, but we were told that many President's use to frequent this place, I have to go back before I leave. 
Our tour guide, was really good! 
Our next stop was Zannchi - and it was my favorite - bibimbap which is a Korean dish - so good! We were also given dumplings that were amazing. 


Georgetown is also beautiful in the fall. 
 
Our third stop was this French restaurant called Bonparte - here they served use a veggie crepe - it was good, but I was already so full. They said it was going to be small appetizers lies, they fed us full meals! 
We walked around Georgetown for about 3 hours and right before our last stop, the tour guide showed us the famous exorcist stairs - I thankfully have never seen this super scary movie before and I never plan on seeing it. 
























Our final stop was Pie Sisters for some dessert! It was amazing! 
The easiest way to get to and from Georgetown is on the Circulator bus. The Circulator is only a dollar and it goes right by my work - so I had the opportunity to show Barb my office. 
Then we did something that was on my bucket list and went to the rooftop bar at the W called POV. From the rooftop you get the best view of the Washington Monument and White House. And wow the drinks were awesome! 






After a great adventurous day we stopped to quickly take in the cool "rain" display under my metro stop and the beautiful fall tree in the light. 
Barb loved how Princess crosses her paws - I never really paid much attention to it until Barb mentioned it and now I think it is the most adorable thing! 


No comments: