Saturday, December 9, 2017

Idaho - Day 1 & 2!!!

My annual trip to Idaho! I was so excited!!! I was going to be in Idaho from Friday, October 27 - Sunday, November 5. 
Princess was helping me pack. I think that she knew I was going home and wanted to go with me.. two more years little girl, two more years then we can go home. 
For the first time since I moved to the east coast I had really easy flights. On Friday, October 27, I flew from Baltimore to Denver and then Denver to Boise, Easy Peasy! I was so excited to see the sign for Boise!!!!
Mountains! And wow, I forgot how brown the west coast is. But still so beautiful!!!
I landed in Boise at 2:30pm  like I said easy peasy flights! My trips home are cheap - I use airline miles to come home for free and I stay at people's houses. But I do have to get a rental car. We all know I love Bumblebee, but I do enjoy driving the fancy new cars. Normally I get a Hyundai but this time I got a Nissan. The Nissan was after the representative tried to offer me a free upgrade to a mini-van...dude I know I am in Idaho,but I don't need a min-van.This was after the conversation of me trying and failing to explain to him that Washington, DC is a district and not part of Virginia. 
After my eventful encounter at the rental car counter, I made my first stop...Dutch Bro's! and Idaho Pizza for some bread sticks. 
Then my first stop to see my people was to the Smith's were I got to meet Cadence! And of course I was able to see and quickly visit with Marie, Kyle, Jackson and Sutter - but meeting baby girl was so precious. Auntie loves you!


For the evening I went over to Bonni's, where she graciously hosted another wonder get together with dear friends and I even got to meet a few new people! Bonni made taco soup and we enjoy an evening of fellowship. It was so awesome to be welcomed back home by so many people that I truly love and miss!
On Friday night I spent the night at Karin's (don't tell Princess - Princess loves going to Auntie Karin's). Karin gave me some amazing homemade gifts. Going to Karin's is always a treat because her house is so amazing and you get to know Karin a little more just by touring her wonderful house.

On Saturday, October 28, Karin, Julie and I had breakfast at The Egg Factory (I love the Egg Factory's biscuits and gravy!!!). It was a fun morning catching up with these two.
After breakfast at The Egg Factory and coffee at Dutch Bro's (don't worry - if I mention coffee in any of my Idaho blog posts I mean DB), Karin and I went back to her place for a little bit and then I went over to Barb and Paul's where I would spend 6 nights with. Barb and I took a drive to MAF where she showed me the new apartments (what a blessing to have them completed). Then we came back to their place, where we got Paul and went and had Idaho Pizza. Just looking at this pizza makes me want to pizza!!! I ate a lot of Idaho Pizza this trip.
Paul's back was hurting him so after dinner Barb just took me to they symphony. When Barb asked me if I wanted to go to the symphony, I said sure - can I wear a dress? She said no, it's Idaho. Fine. I'll still go. It was a lot of fun! When I go back to Idaho, I will for sure be able going to more of these by the Serenata Orchestra - it was very well done. And there were 3 MAF people that volunteer for the orchestra! So fun!

No comments: