Thursday, December 21, 2017

Idaho - Day 9

My last day in Idaho...
Lisa likes to take me to places I haven't been too. Last year we hiked around Bogus Basin. This year we walked around some parts of Lake Lowell. It was beautiful. Cold. But beautiful. Can't really see this in the photos but there is snow on the Owyhee Mountain range. 
The silly Haveman boys...



For the afternoon we grabbed Idaho Pizza (shocker I know) and went over to Marie's where Lisa helped on a project and I held baby Cadence for one last time. 
For the evening - Lisa, Tys and I went to Dave and Busters in Meridian to watch the BSU vs UNR game. Even though we are from Nevada we are not Reno fans. BSU is doing well this year and Reno isn't. But it was still super fun to watch the game with friends. I miss watching games.



Amazing drinks!


Goof around with my phone and showing Li the goofy Snapchat filters.


My "special" friend...
Li and I are so bad together. We both have a sweet tooth - she can control it, I can't. But we got this amazing mudslide - so good!


BSU won the game - 41-14, it wasn't so much of a game - but it was fun to watch it with Li and Tys. On the way home the sky looked so beautiful!
My week was over :( It was a wonderful time in Idaho. I miss Idaho more than I can ever explain. My goal is to be back in Idaho in 2 years - if I can get a job that is. My friends are like family to me and I am thankful to each and everyone of them that took time out of their busy lives to spend time with me. I hate leaving Idaho. Each time I am at the airport, I contemplate not getting on the plane. But I'm a responsible adult and I have a life on the east coast. While I would give pretty much almost do anything to get back to Idaho, I do know my time in DC is not over. I have been out here for 3.5 years - 2 more years will go by so fast! 
As I was boarding my plane in Denver to Dulles, I noticed one of the planes that would be leaving from my gate would be going to Boise...not fair, not fair at all :(
Love you Idaho. Love you my friends.

No comments: