Friday, December 15, 2017

Idaho - Day 6

Wednesday, November 1 - another day of appointments. This time I started with the amazing Marbella and had 7 inches of my hair cut! By cutting this much of my hair I officially no longer have any blond in my hair! I also died my hair a darker color to hide the grey hair that I have sadly come to the realization that I have to hide.


Love the new hair style and love my amazing stylist! 
After getting my hair chopped I meet up with my old lunch gang at Flatbread in Meridian. This group cracks me up - it's a little bit of Lithia with a little bit of MAF - oh how I blend my worlds together. It's always fun to catch up with the boys and hear some ridiculous stories.
After lunch it was back to the dentist...
I love my dentist. And my dentist loves me - because I am paying for his kids college education. Look at this mouth and all the work that has been done!
I was preparing to spend 3 hours at the dentist. Man I know how to vacation it up! They numbed my my entire mouth! Normally this would have been a 2 separate appointment, but since I was only in town for a week they did everything at once. Up first was the new grown - crown's are expensive and they have to be replaced every 10ish years - I had this crown for about 15 years. Fine replace it whatever. Who needs $1500. Well after I was numb they took an x-ray of the tooth and look what they found...infection at the base of the tooth! That darker grey at the bottom of my tooth is the infection.
Excellent...this just got worse. The infection is because my crappy ass Nevada dentist that did the root canal on my tooth as a teenager didn't kill the entire root system - story of my life and root canals. So, Rob sent my x-ray to 2 endodontists to see if they could fix it and save the tooth. Both said no, pull the tooth. Well because of the infection and being so close to my nerve - Rob says I have to go to an Oral Surgeon. Even better! Fine. I'll go spend all my HSA money to have the tooth extracted. But as I work on this blog catch up phase - I did go to the Oral Surgeon on December 7 and had the tooth extracted and an implant put in...that will be in another blog post.
After that exciting news, I still had to have 4 cavities refilled and by the time that Rob got to the right side of my face, the numbness was starting to wear off - so I had a total of 5 shots of Novocaine this afternoon. Makes me wonder why I like the dentist... 

I was pretty much numb for hours after the dentist and because of the infection I was now on an antibiotic that I had to pick up from Walgreens - so we had a late dinner at Smashburger. I love Smashburger and we have them on the east coast - but i just never go.
I am so very thankful to these two amazing people in my life. They really have become family to me. I love them dearly and I am blessed to have them in my life!!! Love you guys!!
An interesting day in Idaho for sure.

No comments: