Thursday, October 26, 2017

The calm of October

October was super quiet, I didn't do much. But I am now heading to Boise tomorrow and I will be there for an entire week. I am looking forward to being around my people. Considering I have finally come to the conclusion that I will be out east for at least 2 more years. So, when I come back from Boise, I will start apartment hunting. I am not really motivated to look but I have to cause I need a new place to live at the end of January as the cousin is moving back to Texas and for the first time in 3.5 years I will be in DC alone. It's interesting to think that when I moved to DC just over 3 years ago, I was only going to be here for 2 years. Then I decided it would be 3 years. Then through a couple of change of events last year, I decided it would be 5 years. When I started this journey I never knew it would be this long, or I would be the last one of the three of us to be here. I am excited to see what will happen in the two years that I am out here alone and I am hoping that I am closer to DC, to truly experience DC. 
In October, Las Vegas had a major tragedy when a gunman opened fire on a crowd at a country concert. I have my political views, just like everyone else. But for this, I will just say - Nevada is my home state and while I didn't know anyone at the concert, Nevada is strong and I am proud of how my home state came together.
Skyping with the adorable Smith boys!
I am going to be an aunt, again! My brother and sister-in-law are expecting a daughter in February of 2018 - little Raelynn Nicole!
I love the simplicity of this photo of Hay walking with the animals.
And Mr. Eli is such a character and such a boy.


I had brunch with a friend and on their wall was Lewiston, Idaho! How crazy is that?!?!
Brunch with Liam and Whitney is always fun!

After brunch, I went into DC to hang with Melissa. We were walking around adorable shops in Dupont and came across this awesome shirt!
Princess is so photogenic!
 

On Sunday, October 15 - Tuf and I went to the 4th Blue October concert in a year. I love Blue October!!!!
We love you Justin. We were standing next to the sound stage and I saw the play list! I felt like an insider :)



 On Friday, October 20, I had Pho with my friend Jennifer and her adorable son David! It is always great to catch up with friends! 
 In preparation for Idaho, I am bringing Christmas gifts (so I don't have to mail them - yep, I am that cheap!). Princess was helping me with the gifts.
Next up - Boise trip! I can't wait to see what Idaho holds!!!

No comments: