Saturday, July 27, 2019

Last Birthday in my 30's

How did this happen? How am I almost at the end of my 30's?!?! *Gulp* My 39th birthday landed on a Thursday this year, so of course I went to work where my coworkers made me feel very special. One of the best bakers I have ever known, Gwen made her chocolate chip cookies - these cookies are the best cookies ever! Cindi, our executive assistant also had everyone sign and give me a card - she did this because in the previous couple years everyone I worked with except Laura had forgotten my birthday, so this year they made up for it and in the coming years :) Cindi also created the email birthday card that went to both our HR departments in DC and Columbus - who would have thought I was on the Idaho postcard? 

Princess also really knows how to show me birthday love...
On Friday night I hosted a little get together with my friends on my rooftop where we (okay, Mike) BBQ'd, chatted drank and later chilled by the pool. 
Starting on the left side of the photo and going clockwise: Kathy and her husband Hassan, Martha, Kiara and her boyfriend Stephen, Neville, Anton and his wife Stephanie and Mike and Gina. I know all these people except Kiara through Pew. Kiara and I worked together at ACS for a few months and she is the one who watches Princess when I'm not in town. 
People often tell me that I make friends easily. I am not sure if that is true or not but I am very thankful for these people in my life. When I came to DC almost 5 years ago I wasn't going to make friends because I had enough friends in Idaho and that was hard enough to leave them, I wasn't going to do that to myself again. And as I have blogged about before I have had people in my life that were not the best for me, but these people all mean so much to me and I am thankful for each and everyone of them and our relationship.
I asked a random stranger to take our group photo and this is what I got...
My dear and best friend got me a birthday cake.


It was one of my best birthday's I have had on the east. I also felt the love of all my friends on the west from phone calls and presents. I am very blessed.

No comments: