Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Bumblebee Goes To Texas

On Thursday, April 25, Tuf flew into DC so we could go to a Blue October concert. We had this planned since Christmas time. It was going to be the first time Tuf had been back in DC since she left in January of 2018 and this was the first time we were going to see our favorite band in DC. We had seen them in Maryland many times, but never in DC. Then Tuf was going to chill with me in DC for the weekend and would fly back to Texas on Saturday. Well a couple weeks before this trip, I had to make a decision on what I was going to do with Bumblebee as where I was keeping him in Maryland was not going to be an option anymore. So I had a few options - I could sell him :( But that was the least best option because I know I am going to need a car again someday (soon - hopefully). My next option was going to be bringing him into the city - but that would mean registering him in DC and then I would have to register myself and I would also have to pay $200 a month to keep him in my building. That was a tempting offer, because then I would have Bumblebee always and could go into the suburbs anytime I wanted (I am not a city girl). But seriously, $200 on top of what I am already paying - eeekk. And my third opinion was to take him to Texas. There are a few reasons why Texas actually became the best option - but this is a public blog and I am not comfortable sharing those reasons. Anyways, back to Tuf in DC and the Blue October concert!!! We had dinner in Chinatown, acted like tourists by taking a picture in front of the Friendship arch. 
We love Blue October so much - I think this is like the 5th or 6th time I have seen Blue October in the last few years, but I still love them so much! 
Wow - when Justin came out for the encore in a white shirt and black pants - hooottt!!! 






What a great concert!!! And it was so much fun to have the cousin back. 
On Friday we left DC around 10am and started the crazy long drive to east Texas. I have to admit I was a little scared of what could happen, especially since what happened when we moved to the east coast 4.5 years ago. But thankfully nothing happened. Well actually, Bumblebee turned 125k somewhere in Tennessee... that's not the actual mileage on his engine - his engine is probably around 80k... I really should have wrote down the mileage on his new engine when he got one in Wyoming. 
On Friday we drove about 13 hours to around the Little Rock, Arkansas area. On Saturday we drove to Love Field in Dallas to get Tuf's car and then we drove separately to Tuf's home. I am terrified to drive in Dallas - it is huge and so many highways, but Tuf said just follow GPS and to follow her. I followed her for about the first mile and we were separated. Tuf drives a grey car and so I kept trying to catch up to all these cars that weren't her. About 45 minutes outside of Dallas Tuf called and said where are you and it turned out I was actually about 10 miles ahead of her - haha! My GPS kept me on the right road, where Tuf's led her in a different direction for awhile. Anyways, we made it to Tuf's house about 8pm on Saturday night. On Sunday, we chilled at Tuf's house and then in the evening we got back in the car and drove to Dallas, so Tuf could take me to a hotel where I would stay and then catch an early flight to DC. 
Tuf knows how much I love wearing matching outfits - lies! haha! We both wore our home shirts, hers Texas, mine Idaho. 
I love Tuf so much. She is one of the closest people to me. We have grown so much over the last 5 years (granted most of that time is because we lived together), but even as we have been apart for 1.5 years, she is still one of the best people I have in my life. She is one of the only people who would keep doing all these drives with me - it's our bonding time. Love you cousin! 

No comments: