Monday, August 10, 2015

Tuf's 35th Birthday

Tuf's 35th Birthday was on Saturday, August 1. Anthony and I had great plans to surprise her at work with balloons and birthday signs. We were about 3 minutes from her work and we got a text that she was leaving. Oh, no - so we try and rush home to decorate the house. And she beats us home. Boo. Well it is was the thought that counts! 
I'm not sure the last birthday we spent together, so I was excited to celebrate her. She may come across to some people as a little rough. But that isn't who she is. She is kind, thoughtful, loving, sarcastic, helpful, supportive and simply amazing. Tuf has believed in me when I didn't think I believed in myself, she has a lot of our grandma's traits in her. Tuf got me out of Nevada at 19 years old and while she only stayed in Idaho for 5 months I stayed in Idaho for 15 years and now consider Idaho my home. And without her and Anthony, I would not be living out one of my dreams of living on the east coast. She is my rock. I am blessed to have her as my family and while we may be technically just cousins, we are so much more. She is also my best friend and my sister. I love you Tuf!



Tuf chose California Pizza Kitchen for her birthday lunch. We usually go to the CPK in Tyson's but since we are now exploring Maryland we went to one in Gaithersburg.
I got them to sing happy birthday to her!!!
We wandered around the adorable outdoor shopping area and came across this really good cupcake shop! DC is famous for their cupcakes, but if I am honest I don't really like DC's cupcake options. The cupcakes here seem to be dry or have way to much frosting on them, but this place the cupcakes were amazing! (Waring - awkward family photo's - but so hilarious!)


For the rest of the day we furinture shopped in Rockville and I bought an awesome couch (photos of the new house will be soon...hopefully) and they bought a bedroom dresser. 
It was a fun day and I hope Tuf had a great birthday!

No comments: