Sunday, August 2, 2015

Random: June

Now for a June random photo blog post. 
Princess loves her BSU mat - just another present from the people that spoil her (Barb & Paul!)


I force my love on this little guy - Baylor is just the cutest dog, ever!
Princess practicing her self faces.
And upside down selfie poses.
I got another HR Certification! I am also now a SHRM certified professional. So, now I have two different certifications, my PHR(Professional in Human Resources) and my SHRM-CP (Society for Human Resource Management - Certified Professional). Yesenia and I had been going back and forth for months on the SHRM-CP, because we had originally thought that to be SHRM certified you would have to give up the PHR and I wasn't sure I wanted to do that. But after further investigation we found out we could have both and since we were already PHR certified all we had to do with SHRM was take a short online quiz! Score, 2 exams for the price of one!
Speaking of the PHR, I am re-certified for another 3 years! Whop, whop, whop!
One of the reasons I love the east coast is the fact that public transportation is wonderful! However, one week in June was a little rough on the metro. Monday: girl fight, we waited at Pentagon for about 10 minutes for metro police to arrive. Tuesday: stuck in a tunnel due to mechanical issues for 20 minutes, finally made it to Pentagon only to be off loaded. Waited for new yellow train - only to realize it was the rush plus train (once I got on), got off that train a few stops later and waited in the rain for the correct yellow train. And lastly on Thursday: dude felt the need to cuddle with a stranger(me!). That is my purse in the photo below but not my leg! And no, I did not see if he was cute, because if I would have turned to my right we would have had other issues besides cuddling on the metro!
Manny hangs out with me in the morning and does not like to go downstairs when I am ready to leave - hence the hide and seek he plays. I obviously can't see him :)
DC has had some crazy stormy summer weather. It rains almost every day here. We even had our the privilege of having our basement flooded one Saturday night. Thankfully we were already down in the basement because of a tornado threat. And thankfully nothing was ruined. Tuf estimates that we sucked up about 24 gallons of water with the shop vac. It was a crazy night and than on Sunday we spent the day carrying stuff up 2 flights of stairs to the 2nd floor, just in case the basement flooded again. By the time this blog posts we will have been in our new house for a week and I am sure it is going to be so much better than our house in Alexandria. 
While at work we out this serve weather alert - I laughed because of the deadly lightening, compared to what? Non-deadly lightening?
Beautiful picture of the angry skies that Martha took from right outside our window.
I know, way to many pictures of Princess - but whatever, this is my blog and she is with me day in and day out and I love her so just deal with her cuteness!




Proper Princess
Another saying I like. And it is true! It doesn't mean I am mad or upset or angry. I just need some down time.
I play a lot of Ticket to Ride on my phone. Normally when you play the computer you win, by a lot. I think it is more impressive to lose and lose my a lot. I got exactly 0 points!
Anthony's family was here in June and on a Friday night we went to the Washington Monument. The Washington Monument takes such lovely photos!
 I feel bad for tourist because half the mall is tour up in some grass reconstruction project that is going to take years to complete. I am thankfully I got to enjoy this part of the mall before they destroyed it! 
 
It really rains hard here sometimes and it is completely normal.
Phew, June had a lot of random photos!

No comments: